Subject: Re: Any experince with this alpha?
To: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
From: Steve M. Acheson <sma@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/26/1996 12:57:18
> This is probably documented somewhere but how do you install if you don't
> have working floppy?  via ethernet and bootp or mop?

Nope, no network 'boot' is available AFAIK.  You need to have another machine
that you can write scsi disks with, dd the image onto a disk, and then move
that disk to the multia and boot from it, disklabel the multia's disk, etc.

> Can someone give pointers to documentation to TGA or give freqs which are
> supported so I can see if my present monitor will work?

Chris posted these settings a while back, so you can look through the archive
for them, or send me email directly and I'll forward you a copy.

Satch