Subject: D'oh! (was DEC Multia/166 Video Shift)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The Terminator rAT <rat@cynical.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/04/1996 21:02:39
D'oh!  Well, I just went off for a bit, and I wasn't sure if I'd left the
X video-blanker on, so I turned off my monitor.  When I powered it back up,
the X screen came up centered and fitting within the screen boundaries.

I'd say it's something my monitor isn't grokking.  Sorry to have bothered
y'all...

Now, another stupid question/observation :

How come the only keys on my spiffo ALPS keyboard that auto-repeat under X
are the damn Windows95(tm) flying windows keys?  I've used 'xev' to watch
the events, and it's true.  I hold down the space bar, I get one event
(KeyPress Space) when I push it down, and one (KeyRelease Space) when I
release it. I hold down the SPIFFO Windows key, and I get KeyPress /
KeyRelease messages as fast as the XTerm window can scroll.

Weird -- I think it's the keyboard, though.  I assume the autorepeat
works on other machines, yeah?

Thanks!

	-rAT

O----O The Terminator rAT - rat@cynical.org - The Cynical Software Foundation
 \oO/
==\/==                            Oiwuetnbiset!