Subject: Re: NetBSD on Alpha XL 300?
To: Oliver Fehr <Oliver.Fehr@ibm.net>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/05/1996 13:40:10
In  <01BB6A9E.66467090@hd48-210.compuserve.com> , you wrote:

> Hi all
> =

> I'm thinking of buying an Alpha XL 300. Does NetBSD run on these machin=
e.
> Is the new processor supported in NetBSD and OpenBSD, and what about th=
> software? I'm also not sure if there is an X Server supporting the Matr=
ox
> card. Can someone give me some information on that?

The Alpha XL's don't support the SRM console which is required for =

NetBSD/alpha.  (Linux has it's own private PALcode which allows to avoid
this problem).  The Matrox card is not supported by XFree86 so it's not
usable as well.

-- =

3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    http://www.3am-software.com/bio/mat=
t.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this mes=
sage