Subject: Re: Linux on AlphaStation 255 (fwd)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Katz <jkatz@in.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/28/1996 14:32:46
Greetings.

Someone recently posted that the 21066 and 21064 chips from DEC were
going away (the basis of the LCA, Low Cost Alpha design). DEC just did away
with the UDB, Universal Desktop Box, which is the same as their Multia
product but NOT preloaded with Windows NT. If you want a product similar
to the UDB, the EasyWEB server as well as the Multia are the same thing,
but with software bundled. Check http://www.digital.com/info/udb for more
info.

The following forward is from Jon "Maddog" Hall of DEC.