Subject: Re: ppp on NetBSD/Alpha?
To: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/26/1996 15:39:26
> I guess I have to assume that unless someone says "it works for me", then
> it *doesn't* work for any of us (and then we'd better find out why not 8-).

Yeah.  I'd not be surprised if PPP contains some 32- v. 64-bit bugs,
though a quick inspection of the code makes it looks like the author
tried to do the Right Thing...

Has PPP ever worked for you folks, e.g. before the demand-dial support
was added?  the demand-dial support uses packet filter functionality
(actually, it appears to have duplicated a bunch of the packet filter
code in various places), and right now the user-land packet filter
code is ... way broken.

chris