Subject: Re: FDDI on NetBSD/alpha: it runs!
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/1996 21:40:23
> Over the past few days I've been updating my DEC FDDI driver to
> understand the bus.h stuff now in NetBSD 1.1B.  Last night I
> got the stuff working on NetBSD/i386.  Tonight it's working
> on NetBSD/alpha.

Cool!  That's really great to hear!

> How fast is it?  Remember the is not compiled optimized.
> How without too much tuning I got ~60Mb/s.

How does Digital UNIX (Formerly DEC OSF/1 8-) do on similar hardware?

I'd be interested in seeing what causes any slowdown that might be
seen...  Kernel profiling works, as far as I know, but the various
assembly functions don't have proper profiling hooks...

"Oh, for an optimized in_cksum()!"  8-)

chris