Subject: Re: can't compile kernel
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.ping.apana.org.AU>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/30/1996 14:04:33
> 	named -		can't connect to the local nameserver
>  			(named was ok with 960224)
>  			I now run named compiled as an external
>  			package (BIND-4.9.3-RELEASE). For anyone
>  			interested it's in
>  			ftp://hotdog.ping.apana.org.au/pub/NetBSD/ \
>  						NetBSD-alpha/contrib

To follow up on this further:

I just started a caching-only named on my machine, and it works fine
with current sources/binaries...  (at least, all of the tests that I
can think of work fine...)

I strongly suggest that you investigate this further, rather than just
switching to the 'stock' BIND 4.9.3, since it _does_ work for me, and
since the NetBSD version of BIND _is_ 4.9.3...

cgd