Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD-alpha
To: Mikael Nykvist <viper@nova.campus.luth.se>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/1996 13:47:13
> I think the best would be if NetBSD/Alpha could boot from Milo.I see
> 5 reason why this would be great:

That's up to the people working on Milo to do, or somebody to
contribute to them.

I can't use Milo as my boot loader, if it's GPL'd (isn't it)?
If it is, then i can't use it as my boot loader (no GPL'd code in the
NetBSD kernel tree), and none of the hardware my employer (the folks
who set the goals for the stuff that I work on 'at work') will ever
buy will need it, so i won't have any reason to do it for work, and
i'm certainly not going to buy any more computer equipment for home,
esp. not Alphas...

chris