Subject: 960122 GENERIC kernel mouse-handling bug...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/30/1996 21:31:04
I just added the following to the README_FIRST file of the 960122
snapshot:

NOTE: the kernels (and the GENERIC* kernel configs) supplied in the
sources DO NOT include support for the mouse hardware that is in
AlphaStations.  The system will crash if you open /dev/mouse.  To
fix this, uncomment/add the pms0 line in/to the appropriate kernel
config file and make yourself a new kernel.  Thanks to Yoseff Francus
for helping me realize that there was a problem.

(obviously, adding pms0 won't help if you're using a TC machine, but
you probably won't bother making /dev/mouse then, either.  8-)

chris