Subject: Re: Never ending processes
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/1996 07:50:01
> > Anything I can do to resolve this?
>
> most likely, the disk driver missed posting completion for a given
> buffer (for whatever reason; driver goofup, missed interrupt, etc.).
>
> You're not going to be able to get rid of those processes until you
> reboot.
>
> What kind of machine was this on?  Noname?  The 'ncr' SCSI driver is
> known to be bug-ridden, and filled with timing problems, but that's
> not much consolation for you.  8-)

Noname. dmesg same as I've posted you previously. I've been hitting on it
pretty hard lately and this is the first time there's been a problem.

fsck on reboot fixed the slices with no obvious loss. 8-).

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street