Subject: Re: Never ending processes
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/1996 08:11:53
I forgot to say that /dev/sd1a was NFS mounted to three other systems
(2 x OSF/1, 1 x FreeBSD) and that I let tar on one of the OSF/1 machines
back up /dev/sd1a via NFS. The backup completed normally. It is possible
that the NFS server was hitting /dev/sd1a in a big way, although I'm
inclined to think that tar would have finished by 1 am.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street