Subject: AXPpci33 problems
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hal9000.apana.org.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/1996 00:25:52
hi again,

during the last days I experienced a few problems which I like
to mention here:

	1.) intermittent keyboard lockup, in particular when
            ftp'ing. The console display continues to update
            information on the running process at that time.
	    Also hitting the keylock, numlock button doesn't
	    eluminate the corresponding LED.

	2.) nslookup dumps core.

	3.) pcivga_bell: unimplemented.

	4.) console behaves strangly when scrolling text,
            e.g. using "more", "vi" etc. Tried different
	    TERM settings to no avail.

	5.) com0: 2 silo overflows 0 ibuf overflows
	    on SLIP-link @ 19200bd

Anyone with similar experiences?

Also some questions:

	1.) Which ISA-cards are currently supported? I have a
	    3COM III ethernet card which wasn't detected.

	2.) Any recommendations on the type of gfx-card to use?

On a brighter note: The standard utility programs such as screen, tcsh,
kermit did compile and run fine ;-)

cheerio Berndt
--
E-Mail	: wulf@hal9000.apana.org.au