Subject: g77/f77 - NetBSD-Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rolf A. Karlstad <karlstad@woods6.spa.umn.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/1995 19:39:22
Greetings-

Realizing that g++ only recently began to work under NetBSD-Alpha, is there
any chance at all that GNU Fortran will build (has been built?) into binaries?

Could I perhaps recieve some advice, otherwise, as to what I might be able to
do in order to provide a fortran 77 compiler for my co-workers?

Hmm, thanks a lot for any reply, however terse, I'd also like to know if OSF/1
is required to boot a NetBSD-Alpha kernel, I think I understand that any
Alphastation 200/400/? should provide a OSF/VMS kernel booter...

Boy, we are really sick of licensing software, it always seems to stick us at
the most opportune moment -- It would be GRAND if NetBSD-Alpha could boot from
a base (no unix) alphastation, and could build a fortran compiler that would
work.  Actually, I don't think I can justify purchasing an alpha without the
knowledge that I could have these two things.

Thanks much,

-Rolf Karlstad