Subject: Re: Misc. questions
To: None <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/1995 17:22:31
> 1) A bit ago, cgd mentioned that doing an 'stty opost' would fix the
>    mixed
>          up
>             text
>   But, I still have this problem if i 'telnet' in.. but rlogin'ing in
>   fixes this problem.  Any ideas?

the version of 'telnet' you're using is likely old and broken, and
doesn't conform to the current way that telnet line mode is specified
(or something like that; i forget the details).

> 2) Where in the devil would I need to start looking on writing a driver
>    for the 3000/300LX's audio capabilities?

well, a driver should be similar to the sparc audio driver...
however, to figure out where the registers are, etc., you'll need
access to a copy of the EK-D3SYS-PM manual, which is rather expensive
(last i heard)...

> 3) Can't get elm to work.. compiles fine.. only like 1 typecasting error
>    during the whole compile.

What's that error?  it could very well be a large part of your
problem..

>But, when I run it, the main screen comes
>    up, but all text entered isn't getting seen by elm, and when I 'kill'
>    elm, all the text typed in, had gotten sent to the tty.  Using the same
>    source under NetBSD/amiga doesn't see this oddity.

sounds like a 64-bitness problem...

chris