Subject: Re: m68k (and alpha?) pmap.c bug in pmap_enter_ptpage()?
To: None <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/16/1995 07:41:58
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael L Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu> writes:

Michael>   I think there is a bug in pmap_enter_ptpage() in all the
Michael> m68k ports which use the Motorola MMU.  I suspect the same
Michael> bug may also be present in the alpha port as well (from the
Michael> quick glance I took at it).  This bug will only show up under
Michael> very low memory conditions (i.e. no free pages are currently
Michael> available).

Finally!  Congratulations.  I was chasing this two years ago but never
understood what happened.  Instead I upgraded memory :-)  Well, this
have been the longest complained for bug in NetBSD/Amiga's history as
it's been there right from the start, and Amiga owners often have
low-mem systems.  This might also explain the crashes I have had while
doing mem-intensive work even on a medium-sized system as well, we'll
see about that.  If so, many thanks!!!  I'm sure there are some PRs on
this, maybe we could now close them all..

Once again, well done, Michael!

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden