Subject: Re: well, i've now got a working console
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/31/1995 16:16:57
>	(3) support for TurboChannel machines is quickly becoming a
>	    thing of the past.  As noted previously, i don't have the
>	    hardware necessary to continue to support/develop for
>	    them.  So, unless somebody steps up and volunteers to keep
>	    the code for them up-to-date, eventually they'll no longer
>	    work.  indeed, they probably won't work _now_ (and i've
>	    not even tried to compile a generic kernel since i've
>	    started hacking on this code).

I've still got a 3000-400 and 3000-300X here that I can at least use to
compile the code occasionally. By preference, I've got my NetBSD disk installed
in an AS 200 4/100.

I'm not too keen to do new work on the turbochannel range, but I'd like to
see at least non-graphic support for these machines remain.

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street