Subject: AlphaStation update...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/1995 19:39:35
(1) if you're really bored and want to see what my current kernels for
    various types of machines do, take a look at:
	ftp://lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu

    In there there are a few directories (GENERIC, SCAPA, MACALLAN,
    ALPHA), which are the real live kernel compile directories for
    those kernel configs...  They're configured as follows:
	GENERIC:	all supported machines, all supported devs,
			root on sd0
	ALPHA:		all supported machines, all supported devs,
			lots of misc. options, root on sd0
	MACALLAN:	all supported devs on the 3000/[4-9]00,
			root on sd0.
	SCAPA:		all currently-supported devices on the
			AlphaStation 400, root on NFS.

    They won't always all be up to date or 'good', but the
    SCAPA and GENERIC kernels are up to date now...

(2) Thanks to those of you who stepped forward (privately 8-) and said
    that you had AlphaStation 200s.  Turns out that a guy here at CMU
    who's developing software under NetBSD has an AlphaStation 200
    arriving tomorrow, and he's agreed to drop it off in my office...

    So hopefully soon i'll have AlphaStation 200s "working" soon, too,
    without the hassles of "over the net" debugging.  8-)

later,

chris