Subject: NetBSD/Alpha: things to do...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/17/1995 02:25:54
Well, i know and/or hope that some of you are running NetBSD on your
alphas...  I've heard from some of you, others i've heard less from.  8-)

Anyway, i'm being pushed very hard to be porting to the PCI-based
machines by my boss.  what that means is that i've got less time to
fix "random problems" that i've identified with the system.  However,
there are a large class of NetBSD/Alpha problems that i think others
can solve.

In particular, things i'd like to see _users_ to do for NetBSD/Alpha:

	make GDB work
		(1) core files -- may require kernel work
		(2) live processes -- shouldn't require kernel work

	make DDB work

	make an "a.out" target for the alpha for GNU ld. (non-trival 8-)

	test programs, find + fix bugs.
		(1) make sure accounting works
		(2) figure out why strip doesn't seem to work
		(3) last i checked, 'file' core dumped
		(4) lots of things: test everything!  8-)

I'm not going to bother listing stuff like 'an X server'...  8-)

If you plan to work on these, or a larger project using NetBSD/Alpha,
get in touch with me, and i'l do what i can to coordinate and help.

thanks.

later,

chris