Subject: Re: general NetBSD/Alpha questions
To: Thomas J. Merritt <tjm@netcom.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/24/1995 20:55:46
> Ok, now that the announcement has been made I figure I should ask
> these questions for the benefit of the port list rather than just
> my self.

I'ld like to add one more:

Is there any migration path to Alpha/PCI machines not involving buying
other Alpha hardware first? I.e.: will I be (at some time in the future)
be able to just crosscompile from my NetBSD/i386 machine and get a
bootable Alphastation? I sure would be willing to contribute, but don't
have any room for yet another machine...

A PCI SCSI and an ethernet driver would be sufficiant for bootstrap, I guess?

Martin

--
Gotta trademark my login....
		--Steve Bellovin