Port-acorn32 archive

Re: TESTERS WANTED: audio drivers

matthew green wrote:
hi folks.

we've just merged the SMP audio code to -current, and there are
several older audio drivers that have not been tested.  we are
looking for testers for this driver:

        vidcaudio(4)

all you need to do is build or install a recent -current snapshot
(the ones with this are probably not available, but should be
with in the next day or two.)

Okay just tested with a freshly built kernel from source plus a couple of my local patches and I can't see any problems. Kernel boots up just fine and audioplay plays audio. I do see some video glitches when playing audio but I don't think that has been introduced by your audio driver changes as I'm pretty sure my older current kernel also exhibits the same behaviour.

Mike