Port-acorn32 archive

Re: uarea swap-out

Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
Hello,

[ Off-list ]

Mike Pumford <mpumford%black-star.demon.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
Downloaded and applied. Its compiling now. Anything in particular that needs testing.

First - that it boots. :) Just after the boot it would be useful to see
the output of 'vmstat -s' and 'vmstat -mCW'. Then the same output during
some workload which creates and keeps running processes or threads.

Even with an updated userland I can't run either of those. Error is:

vmstat: undefined symbols: _pool_head

Should I need to rebuild userland after applying the patch?

Concern is to measure swapping. Expectation is to be "as usual". If it
starts swapping during the boot, then it might be concerning.

My initial gut instinct was that it was swapping more. However observing the system using systat vmstat while building perl things seem normal with occasional bursts of paging when the free memory gets low but no paging activity most of the time. So apart from the vmstat thing everything looks good.

Mike