Subject: Re: A7000 RAM SIMMs
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/08/2007 01:23:10
Hello Ben,

  BM> I have been trying on-and-off to make this work for a while now,
    > and have pretty much failed...

I suppose it's good to find that out ahead of time. Apart from one for
myself (will they tolerate 240V at 60Hz?) I have thought about having
one set up at my parents' house, so that I can periodically send them
CDs with pictures of the 2-year-old granddaughter they have yet to
meet.  It might be simpler to send them a digital picture frame, but a
computer has more scope for additional uses. Ideally I'd put NetBSD on
it because I can manage that remotely, but if RiscOS is all it will
run, then I'll have to find (or perhaps write) software for that.

How far did you get?  What obstacles did you encounter?

- Andy Ball.