Subject: Re: Bad video output on RiscPC
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 11/01/2006 23:15:35
Ben Harris wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Mike Pumford wrote:

> I've fixed the problem in revision 1.30 of vidc20config.c by not trying to
> pick the best FIFO preload and just picking a safe value.  This might
> cause problems if you use a very high-bandwidth mode on a machine with 2MB
> VRAM.

Thats got it. Sensible output restored.

I can test the high bandwidth stuff as I have 2MB of VRAM and a monitor
than can cope with anything the RiscPC can throw at it. > There's still
a problem with 32bpp modes, but I don't think it's a new
> one.

Agreed. At least not if the comments are to be believed.

Thanks for tracking it down.

Mike