Subject: Re: timecounters was Re:Fixes for acorn32 build after GCC4 upgrade
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 08/05/2006 17:20:47
On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Mike Pumford wrote:

> Ben Harris wrote:
>
> > That will only work so long as timer 1 isn't being used to provide a
> > properly randomised statclock, which it really should be made to do.  It
> > would be better to build something based on timer 0, using the
> > interrupt-pending bit and the hardclock handler to emulate the high-order
> > bits of the timecounter.
> >
> Okay, I've now done this (apart from the interrupt pending bit part) modelled
> on the i8254 timer from i386. I don't think the i8254 code actually utilises
> the interrupt pending flag either.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've committed that.  I suspect there may be
circumstances where not checking the interrupt-pending flag will cause it
to give the wrong answer, but they're likely to be very rare.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>