Subject: Does NetBSD actually work for the RiscPC ?
To: None <port-acorn32@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Smith <marksmith@orcon.net.nz>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 05/20/2006 23:06:25
Hi there,

I'm struggling a bit here on getting NetBSD to install on a StrongARM
RiscPC ... the main trouble is the horrible documentation :-(

I've got the NetBSD 3.0 CD and I've printed out the INSTALL.PS file,
and I've even read as far as section "Running bb_riscbsd" ... and
this is where I get stuck .. what is "bb_riscbsd" ?!?

Then there is a "!BtNetBSD" ... that just locks up my machine with a
"Bye from RISC OS" message and also "Boot32" gives me the same message.

Is NetBSD for Acorn32 just a cruel joke to tempt me ? :-(

Or am I better of just binning this RiscPC ?  I was quite hoping to
have it as a light weight unixish machine as I don't want to spend
money on getting RISC OS 4 ROMs.

Any kind souls able to help out ?

Thanks

Mark

PS I forgot to mention I had to rename the CD so that it would even
be accepted by RISC OS, don't make life easy do they ? :-)