Subject: CDrecord with rewritable CDs
To: None <port-acorn32@NetBSD.org>
From: Neil Walker <neil@wynded.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 09/18/2005 10:37:31
Hi,

I've got a StrongARM RiscPC, running NetBSD2.0, and I've recently put a
CD recorder in the machine for the first time. However, I'm having
problems burning CD-RW media with it.

The device shows up correctly in response to "cdrecord -scanbus":
   15,1,0  1501) 'TEAC    ' 'CD-W54E         ' '1.1B' Removable CD-ROM
(and googling suggests that this is a CD-RW device).

However, when I attempt "cdrecord dev=15,1,0 blank=all", I get:
   [snip]
   Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
   Sense Code: 0x31 Qual 0x00 (medium format corrupted) Fru 0x0
   Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
   resid: 4
   cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 240s
   cdrecord: Cannot get disk type.

I've written a CD-R correctly with the device, so it seems that the drive
mostly works. It could simply be that the drive is broken for CD-RW, of
course.

Has anybody else tried using cdrecord for CD-RW on NetBSD/acorn-32?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Neil