Subject: Re: Current ARM kernels hang during bootstrap
To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 01/19/2004 01:01:41
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

[ Moving to port-acorn32, where it's more relevant. ]

> Oh, and thanks to Ben too, the 16-bit sound code on a RISC PC is working
> fine as well...  (well, I get the odd dropout when using audioplay, but I
> think that's just a lack of read-ahead on the disk -- if the file is in
> memory then it's fine).

On my NC (admittedly playing over NFS), I found that using
"dd if=thing.wav bs=32k | audioplay" helped things quite a lot.
Fundamentally, NetBSD's lack of decent I/O scheduling strikes again.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>