Subject: Re: Mostly-new vidcaudio(4) driver
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 01/06/2004 23:23:41
Hiya Ben,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:33:15PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> After a couple of solid days' hacking, I seem to have got the vidcaudio(4)
> driver to work, both on a VIDC20 (8-bit, mu-law) and an ARM7500FE (16-bit,
> linear).  I don't know whether it's ever worked before, but there's
> certainly precious little of the old driver left.  The new version is in
> NetBSD-current, and people should test it.  Risc PCs with 16-bit sound
> aren't supported, largely because I haven't got one, so I don't know how
> to reliably detect the 16-bit sound hardware.  Donations of appropriate
> kit will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks a lot for the new driver! top! I'll test it as soon as possible on
my RiscPC... pitty enough i dont have a 16 bit sound interface too....

Haven't used my Acorn much lately :-/ mainly for it shares the same monitor
as my Alpha and its a bit silly to keep on switching inputs; hopefully i'll
find more spacetime for it when i finally get my network working again.

Cheers,
Reinoud