Subject: Acorn32 status
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 10/15/2003 14:01:30
Hiya Mike,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:49:58PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> The attached patch allows all the kernel configurations currently
> available in CVS to compile again. The kernels do not run correctly but
> this at least gets things compiling. I will post more information on
> the runtime errors once I have done some more digging.

Good!! thanks for the patch. I haven't looked into the problem yet though.
My Acorn was had just trashed it's NetBSD install again :'( when it hard
crashed... it wrecked its ffs completely so i had to reinstall GRRRRR!

Has anyone experienced hard lockups under stress lately? It allways
happened when the machine was on for some time and it was doing the nightly
audits. The version that would lock up now and then - with no coredums :( -
was about 1.6C. The newer 1.6ZC i run now works fine allthough the 1.6 X
server dies regulary. I haven't looked into detail yet but it might be
COMPAT_16 now i think of it... i'll have a look in GENERIC.

Could any of you also check if the floppy interface works? Mine is prolly
broken so any responses either if it works or not would be most apreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry to be such a `lazy bum' lately :( ... still ill
mainly... but i try :)

Reinoud Zandijk
portmaster NetBSD/acorn32