Subject: Installation Problems!
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Wes (Moo-Juice) <wak.one@talk21.com>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 06/04/2003 06:26:02
I've been having trouble trying to install netBSD on my A7000+.

I reformatted the HDD so that RO4 takes up cylinders 0 to 6000 and then
ran bb_netbsd to select cylinder 6001 for netbsd. (It's here that it
says -2600 something cylinders for RISC OS :S )

I have then edited the fastboot file in !BtNetBSD, commented out
mountufs ADFS 4 (cause I kept on getting disclabel errors) and set the
wimpslot to 10000k for good measure. I then tried to run !BtNetBSD and
it reports the error "Filing system or Path UnixFS: not present at line
1830". I've tried replacing the UnixFS: bit in the fastboot file with
CDFS::0.$.ACORN32.INSTALLATION.KERNEL.NETBSD_INSTALL/GZ and it still
doesnt like it. (Ive got a cd with a 1.6.1 iso image burnt onto it)

Any help please as I would like to get either netBSD or ARM linux
running, but so far have failed to get past the installation hurdles of
both!

Thanks in advance
Moo-Juice