Subject: Re: Install failure 1.6.1_RC2
To: Frank Wennmohs <frankw@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 03/16/2003 12:42:50
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Frank Wennmohs wrote:

> Yes, I am also using quite a plain system:
> RPC700 board, internal IDE, SA110, 64MB

Just to rule this out, whivh revision of the SA110?

> > Is the problem repeatable? What happens if you restart the installation
> > from scratch?
> >

> The whole installation was from scratch.
> I just did an installation of 1.6O (200302240000)
> and the problem does not occur.
>
> Any suggestions?

It would seem that one of the more recent changes to -current has
eliminated this problem, then. As for what I'm not too sure as I haven't
been keeping up with -current recently, though.

Are you in a position to try earlier versions of -current to give a rough
idea of when it started working?

And it's definitely worth sending a PR.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget