Subject: Install failure 1.6.1_RC2
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Wennmohs <frankw@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 03/15/2003 09:24:34
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to install the 1.6.1_RC2 on my RiscPC
but during the install of a completely new system the=20
install system something got seriously wrong....:

After installing the sets from 200303140000
and then after unpacking those the system died when trying
to access the hard disc again.
A restart and trying to mount the partitions by hand
showed the the discs inodes etc. were totally screwed up!!!

Can anyone verify this?

I did this on a hard disc on which I installed versions of
NetBSD a dozen times without any problems, so I don't think
that the hardware is damaged.

Frank

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--