Subject: Re: Whad aboud Iyonix support?
To: Erhard F. <Erhard.Furtner@sbg.ac.at>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 01/02/2003 16:50:03
Hi Erhard,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:31:50PM +0100, Erhard F. wrote:
> simple question: is a Iyonix port being considered or better already in
> progress?
>
> and how long will it take to emerge from current to a stable version. I
> suspect 1.6.1 would be far to early? ;-)

Phew! Thats a hard question ... I would like to consider it and work on it
only if i had docs and a machine to work on. The first step towards more
generic support for Acorn32 derived machines is allready taken by creating
a new even more extend bootloader.

One minor problem with the Iyonix will propably be that it needs a new
port/base to start with derived from the evbarm port since its chipset is
quite different from the `normal' Acorn machines. It would be neat to have
it run NetBSD though!

So concluding its mainly a factor of me having a machine and some time to
work on it. I can't afford to buy the machine myself but if Castle (that
was the company wasn't it?) is willing to give details and provide a
machine i wouldn't mind giving it a try ;)

Cheers,
Reinoud
NetBSD/acorn32 portmaster