Subject: Re: Support for newer versions of the Arcin IDE interface?
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bell <peter@bellfamily.org.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 11/08/2002 01:33:38
In message <9a2ce7914b.peter@riscpc01.reading.fourcom.com>
          Peter Bell <peter@bellfamily.org.uk> wrote:

> So, I'm just about to move my 40GB IBM across onto the ARCIN and boot
> from that.  Assuming, of course, that the bootloader is happy with the
> ARCIN.

Hmmm, sorry to follow myself up, but . . .

Yes, the bootloader will load a kernel from the ARCIN interface via
UNIXFS, but it then panics in exactly the same way as it did with the
Conner drive attached - waiting for irq.

However, if the same kernel is loaded from an ADFS device, it runs
fine and the IBM drive attached to the ARCIN can be accessed perfectly
well - even via PCNFS.

Have you managed to boot the kernel off an ARCIN-connected drive and,
if so, are any of the changes you've made in current likely to
be related to this?

--
Peter Bell - peter@bellfamily.org.uk