Subject: Re: Support for newer versions of the Arcin IDE interface?
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bell <peter@bellfamily.org.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 11/07/2002 19:23:57
In message <E189nVa-0008Tz-00@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
          Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> wrote:

> In article <6aaaab914b.peter@riscpc01.reading.fourcom.com> you write:
> >In line with suggestions, I have modified icside.c to treat the later
> >versions of the Arcin interface (manufactured by Baildon Electronics)
> >exactlt the same as the earlier ICS versions.
> >
> >The system comes up and detects the card, but then panics (presumably
> >because it times out waiting for an irq?). Can anyone suggest what the
> >problem might be, or what I can do to investigate/resolve it?
>
> Hmm.  I've got an ARCIN V6 (bought this year) and it works bearably with
> -current.

Okay, thanks for that - it's reassuring to know that the latest ARCIN
card does work.  Presumably the card you have came from APDL.  AFAICT,
the only difference between current cards and the original ICS ones is
that the manufacturer code is now - 0x3d (Baildon Electronics?) rather
than 0x3c (ICS).

> If you're in a position to try using the latest versions of
> icside.c and icsidereg.c, that might help, but I don't think any of the
> fixes I've made should have affected interrupts.

Never having done this before - is that from
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src ?

Which file, sys.tar.gz?

A couple of things I might try first - I think I have the drivers
*unplugged on the RISC OS side.  Maybe BSD relies on some card
initialisation being done before the kernel is booted.

--
Peter Bell - peter@bellfamily.org.uk