Subject: Re: SCSI in 1.6 ?
To: Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi@nerdnet.de>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 08/10/2002 09:11:48
Hi Jan-Uwe,

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 12:48:58PM +0200, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 11:37:34AM +0100, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > grr, gnats sucks, I'm not sure who's the port-arm32-maintainer but I suspect
> > it might be just mark, so that it had been updated got missed.
>
> It's Reinoud AFAIK.

port-arm32 ? nope... thats still Mark's place. Sorry to not have been
around but since i am on a holliday in Switserland just trying to catch up
with some mail! :)

> > > Thus the Cumana-II driver should be simply activated, and the patch
> > > from #13350 should be included, so people can try to install and use
> > > their SCSI devices.
> >
> > is the patch still valid against -current?  (I've not tried to fight gnats
> > to extract the patch yet)

Oh? Hmm... i dont have a SCSI card for my Acorn apart from an undocumented
and unsupported Linguinuity one.... so i can't just test it but yes i ought
to have looked at it. AFAIK i did ask one time on the mailing list for
anyone to comment but got no reactions....

> > > Both drivers seem to be stable enough.

Well thats a good thing to hear!

> > I hate to say it but the changes may make it into -current, but it's too
> > late to get pulled into 1.6, would probably make it into 1.6.1 though
>
> What a shame.. my fault, I should have told earlier..

yeah :-/ well 1.6.1 will prolly follow up in not that long but its a shame
yes. Even for me it's not trivial to get patches included in 1.6 but the
unlucky fact is that i am/was on a 3 week holiday just when 1.6 rolls out
but then who can count on that ;-/

Will try to include the stuff later,

Cheers,
Reinoud