Subject: Re: SCSI in 1.6 ?
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bell <peter@bellfamily.org.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 08/05/2002 23:29:24
In message <00a301c23ccc$89dc5b30$c3401e0a@whiskas>
          "Chris Gilbert" <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]

 [Snip]

> > Am I right in thinking that you [Ben Harris] are the person who
> > knows how to get the latest version of the APDL ArcIn V6 IDE
> > interface working, also?
>
> Yes we discussed this at the wakefield show, Ben did actually fix this
> in -current however it didn't make it into 1.6.  The pull up request is
> pending.  If you give me a few days I'll probably be able to knock up a
> GENERIC kernel with a very specific fix for this.  Or will you need the
> INSTALL kernel as well?  Note you will probably need to chase me (lots 8)

Okay, I know that we are all busy people, so I haven't pushed.

I am happily booting a custom kernel, so I shouldn't need the INSTALL
kernel (provided that the bootloader will cope with the APDL card?).

> > I gather that the card ids have changed since ICS were responsible for
> > this card, and I would be very grateful if my APDL card could be made
> > to work.
>
> Yes, it's fairly simple change, in icside.c look for the matchpodule line,
> change it so:
> if (matchpodule(pa, MANUFACTURER_ICS, PODULE_ICS_IDE, -1) == 0)
> becomes
> if (pa->pa_product != PODULE_ICS_IDE)
>
> Note I make no promises about this though.

Okay, thanks.  Am I correct in thinking that, having built a custom
kernel, I should already have this stuff somewhere on my system?

Peter Bell  - peter@bellfamily.org.uk