Subject: Re: SCSI in 1.6 ?
To: Peter Bell <peter@bellfamily.org.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 08/05/2002 23:07:49
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bell" <peter@bellfamily.org.uk>
To: <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 10:35 PM

> In message <E17boFS-0000vE-00@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>           Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> wrote:
>
> > It means that the card driver is buggy, and is forcing the XS_POLL bit
in
> > SCSI requests rather than setting SCSIPI_ADAPT_POLL_ONLY in adapt_flags
and
> > getting the scsipi layer to do it.  Fixing this should be pretty
trivial;
> > I'll try to look over this thread and work out what needs doing this
week.

> Yes please, it would be great to get the Cumana card going.
>
> Am I right in thinking that you are the person who knows how to get
> the latest version of the APDL ArcIn V6 IDE interface working, also?

Yes we discussed this at the wakefield show, Ben did actually fix this
in -current however it didn't make it into 1.6.  The pull up request is
pending.  If you give me a few days I'll probably be able to knock up a
GENERIC kernel with a very specific fix for this.  Or will you need the
INSTALL kernel as well?  Note you will probably need to chase me (lots 8)

> I gather that the card ids have changed since ICS were responsible for
> this card, and I would be very grateful if my APDL card could be made
> to work.

Yes, it's fairly simple change, in icside.c look for the matchpodule line,
change it so:
if (matchpodule(pa, MANUFACTURER_ICS, PODULE_ICS_IDE, -1) == 0)
becomes
if (pa->pa_product != PODULE_ICS_IDE)

Note I make no promises about this though.

Chris