Subject: Re: SCSI in 1.6 ?
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <jufi@nerdnet.de>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 08/05/2002 19:33:25
On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 08:55:26PM +0100, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > It's stable, I've tested it again this evening, copying my whole /usr
> > on it, and doing a 'cvs up' in /usr/pkgsrc worked fine.
> > That should be enough..
>

> Hmm, is this with or without diagnostics on?  I note from the bug report
> that you had to disable DIAGNOSTIC at one point.  the diff in the PR hasn't
> been put into -current (assuming we're talking about 8924)
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=8924

Well, strange, I tested it without DIAGNOSTIC in the kernel, and
everything was fine and stable.

But including DIAGNOSTIC into the kernel leads to a panic when I tried
to mount my SCSI disc/CDROM.
Are any details useful to anybody?
I don't have them at hand, but could produce them tonight..

They start with
panic: scsipi_done: ASYNC and POLL
Stopped in pid 201 ...

Hope that makes sense to somebody.. :-)