Subject: Re: A7000
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 04/28/2002 16:36:25
Hiya Chris,

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:45:49PM +0100, Chris Pinnock wrote:
> I'm trying to boot NetBSD-current on an A7000+ (which has a Arm with
> floating point). The bootloader loads up an ELF kernel fine and I get to
> the 5...4...3...2...1 ...start! stage.
>
> After a few seconds, the screen gets corrupted (presumably because
> something's been loaded to video RAM) and that's about as far as I get.
> Any pointers? I'm going to try a few things later this afternoon, but I
> just wondered if I was missing something obvious.

hmm.... interesting; I got a similar response from someone else ... so you
used the latest bootloader with the -current sources.... what configuration
did you use?

could you try without the ARMFPE ? There might be some problems since heaps
have changed in this area... I dont have an A7000 to test and develop on
but I do have a NC but thats offline now too due to failing network cards
:(

Cheers,
Reinoud