Subject: Re: Minor bootloader problem.
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 04/11/2002 17:22:22
Hi Mike,

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 12:31:49AM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> Just updated by bootloader so that I can boot ELF kernels and found the
> following issue. The SetTypes obey file leaves !BtNetBSD.fastboot as a text
> file which means that instead of booting NetBSD you end up with fastboot
> loaded in !Edit. Or is this a deliberate trick to force people to do the
> appropriate edits to this file? If it is then FBInstall should make things a
> little clearer.

firstly, sorry for the late reaction ... i needed some time off ... but yes
its deliberately settyped to `text' or left that way. This file is for
editing indeed and is explicitly run by "*obey" in the !Run file. To run
the bootloader simply double click on its Application Icon or run the
!BtNetBSD.!Run file... thats all :)

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Reinoud