Subject: NetBSD/arm32 Installation Not Booting
To: None <port-acorn32@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Milford <amilford@btinternet.com>
List: port-acorn32
Date: 01/25/2002 13:15:36
Hi,

I have a RiscPC 700 (Arm710), with 13Mb of RAM, and I've recently taken
it upon myself to install NetBSD (mainly because I wasn't happy with the
firewalling capabilities of linux/arm32 *g*)

After eventaully figuring out how to even start the installation kernel
booting
(by increasing the wimpslot allowed) I find the first message I get is:

"NO MAGIC NUMBER IN BOOTCONFIG. PLEASE UPGRADE
YOUR BOOT LOADER"

I have the latest bootloader (according to ftp.netbsd.org) - is there any
way I can fix this?

After the point the bootloader appears to carry on starting up, until it
reaches:

"initarm: Primary Bootstrap ..."

at which point it hangs....

I have tried swapping memory around, and tried it with an Arm610
processor, but I have had no luck getting it to move any further than
this.

Any help on this would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Alan Milford

--------
Alan Milford