Subject: Re: FILECORE disklabels
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 08/01/2007 11:37:54
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Would anyone object to the following change to allow arm kernels to leave
> out FILECORE disklabel support ?
>
> It is a change I have had locally for a while now.

The current situation, whereby all ARM platforms have FileCore boot block
support, is clearly silly.  I don't think, though, that making it
dependent on FILECORE is the right approach.  The ability to mount
FileCore partitions should be independent of the ability to find
non-FileCore partitions on shared disks.

A better approach (and one more in keeping with NetBSD's usual one) would
be to only have support for FileCore boot blocks on those MACHINEs that
natively run RISC OS, which would be acorn26, acorn32, and iyonix.

Eventually, this all wants to be beaten into the wedges framework, of
course.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26               <http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>