Subject: Re: boot26 on R260
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Teichmann <peter@peter-teichmann.de>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 02/09/2005 23:51:03
Am Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2005 22:05 schrieb Ben Harris:
> > I am not completely sure if it
> > works under RISC OS. "e1info" discoveres that it is in slot 0 and has a
> > hardware address of 00:00:a4:00:04:ec.
>
> That should be enough for NetBSD's ei(4) to at least attach to it.  I'm
> not sure there's much I can do to help without reviving my building and
> testing infrastructure here, which isn't going to happen for at least a
> week or two.

Extremely strange, but suddenly the NetBSD 1.6.2 installation kernel
discoveres the Ether1. I changed nothing, and do not know what the difference
is. But after configuring the interface it says "no carrier", and the card
does not work properly in RISC OS either. I am using the AUI port with a
10base2 transceiver. If I ping from elsewhere to the R260, I can see the
"receive" LED on the transceiver blink (ok that does not say anything about
that the R260's IP is known in the network). If I ping from the R260 to
elsewhere, the "transmit" LED does not blink. Can it be that I need to tell
the Ether1 to use the AUI port?

Peter