Subject: Re: boot26 on R260
To: None <port-acorn26@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Teichmann <peter@peter-teichmann.de>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 02/09/2005 20:44:40
Am Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2005 11:49 schrieb Ben Harris:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Peter Teichmann wrote:
> > The 1.62 installation kernel does not show these messages, but seems not
> > to recognise the Ether1 card. Utility menu/Configure network does not let
> > me configure a network card, it does not find one.
> >
> > During kernel startup, it says:
> >
> > podule <0000>:<0000> at podulebus0 slot 0 not configured
> >
> > This is the Ether1. I thought it is supported?
>
> The Ether1 is supported in general, but your one is apparently identifying
> itself as a TUBE host interface.  This suggests that its PROM is dead.
> Does it work under RISC OS?

I thought the Ether1 does not have a PROM? I read somewhere that it can not be
idetified by executing "podules" in RISC OS. I am not completely sure if it
works under RISC OS. "e1info" discoveres that it is in slot 0 and has a
hardware address of 00:00:a4:00:04:ec. "ifconfig -a" shows some stuff about
the et0 interface. I can ping the address associated to the et0, but not
addresses outside which is strange. It is connected to a twisted pair network
via a transceiver at the AUI port.

Peter Teichmann