Subject: Re: boot26 on R260
To: Peter Teichmann <peter@peter-teichmann.de>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 02/09/2005 21:05:22
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Peter Teichmann wrote:

> I thought the Ether1 does not have a PROM?

It does, but it's very small and only contains the extended expansion card
ID, the Ethernet address and a few other bits.  In particular, it doesn't
have a chunk directory, so there's no podule description (for *Podules) or
driver module.

> I am not completely sure if it
> works under RISC OS. "e1info" discoveres that it is in slot 0 and has a
> hardware address of 00:00:a4:00:04:ec.

That should be enough for NetBSD's ei(4) to at least attach to it.  I'm
not sure there's much I can do to help without reviving my building and
testing infrastructure here, which isn't going to happen for at least a
week or two.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>