Subject: Re: still boot26
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 10/07/2004 12:56:31
Hello,

> > now I've *unplugged all unneeded modules, *configure noboot, and even
> > booted into supervisor mode - same result, page 19 not free ( or 34
> > sometimes ) - maybe the 2.0beta kernel is too big? Would it help to
> > gunzip it first?
>
>  	Can you boot an earlier kernel, or even a -current one?

So far I only tried the install kernel from the latest releng snapshot from a couple of days ago. I tried to set up a cross compiling environment on a mac running 20G to build a smaller A5000-specific kernel but so far without success, I guess I should read a few more docs :)

I'll try to boot the stock 1.6.2 one and report back.

have fun
Michael