Subject: 2mb functionality?
To: None <port-acorn26@netbsd.org>
From: james taylor <logik@gateway.net.au>
List: port-acorn26
Date: 08/13/2002 20:26:03
Hey all,

I have recently acquired an Acorn 4000, with the hope of running
NetBSD/acorn26. Having downloaded the latest
snapshot, putting it onto a disk with the bootloader and running it on the
machine, i get a 'page is used error'. It is usually
preceded by a number which varies from 49 to around 53.

Is this caused by the fact that I only have 2mb of ram, or is it a hardware
fault. I noted that your 4 megabyte kernel
version had 'but tend to run out of memory too easily to be of any use'
listed near it. Are you talking about a hefty
application like X, or just general everyday commands. I'd like to use the
machine as a NAT Gateway, but would the
overhead NAT produces surpass the capabilities of the Acorn 4000?

logik
-
james taylor