Re: wip/aircrack-ng ?

Hello iMil,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 09:22:43AM +0200, iMil wrote:
> Following up on the subject, I finally tested wip/aircrack-ng with an
> atheros WiFi card. airodump-ng "works", but within a couple of minutes
> NetBSD would freeze... FWIW, it's a NetBSD 6.0_BETA2 kernel with 5.1.2
> userland, not the best testcase, I know. I will not push it to pkgsrc
> until I get the full picture.
I am running NetBSD 6.0_BETA2 with 6.0_BETA2 userland and I can report
the same issue, always with an ath(4), exactly (from dmesg(8)):

 ath0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0: Atheros 5424/2424

Suddendly after I started airodump-ng the system hangs up, but this
behaviour isn't consistent: sometimes I'm able to use it, then when I
terminate it I can't use the ath interface anymore and I should reboot.

The latter problem happened with NetBSD 5.1.2 as well... If I remember
correctly airodump-ng worked correctly in NetBSD 5.0 and/or before.

Is it only an issue that affect ath(4) or also other interfaces?