Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet

Thomas Klausner <> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:50:47AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> No, I don't want to handle pull requests, I want to give everyone
> commit access, just like right now. But getting to a similar state as
> we have right now for wip (where already very many people have commit
> access) will cost time.

I think that's the right thing to do (all people with push access).

> My question was more intended in a practical howto for a useful
> workflow if we were to convert pkgsrc(-wip) to git.

  Individual people make local commits.

  When getting new commits from the repo, git rebase to avoid merge
  commits (since those merge commits are pointless)

  push those rebased commits.

with the subtleties:

  most people don't maintain lots of unpushed state

  we don't have a lot of branches, perhaps none, and probably no
  branches without discussion

After you do all that, I don't see what we gain (other than leaving

Live Security Virtual Conference